This is awesome as our President jackknifes CNN through the ring……From the awesome The Vidego!!!
In what will be a shocking turn of events, CM Punk has reportedly received and signed a deal for a WWE appearance.
While details are not available at this time, pro wrestling reporter Dave Meltzer says that it is not a contract, but rather “an agreement to make a small amount of appearances for some undetermined dates.”
For wrestling fans everywhere, this is a start. Opening the doors after exiting the company back in January 2014 is exactly what many have been waiting for. While this does not mean that a full time schedule is in “The Straight Edge Superstar’s” future, it mends that their broken relationship is on the mend.
Speculation is that CM Punk is to make some kind of return at this year’s SummerSlam, “seeing how things go.” Punk was very vocal in his reason for leaving, and it is possible that he wants to see if things will be different this next time around. A limited agreement between the two, therefore is perfect for Punk, who may want to ease back in a little at a time, before commiting to a long term situation that would mirror the same creative concerns that he had before.
Either way, for CM Punk to be seen once again on WWE programming is now certain, even though to what capacity at this time is unknown.
The WWE presents its first aptly named Great Balls Of Fire show on Sunday night. The buildup has been well done for this show , as Raw has been stepping it up these past weeks. Here are our predictions of what is going to happen on the show :
- Alexa Bliss Vs. Sasha Banks : I like the bad diva Bliss as champion , and having all the divas fighting her is a interesting storyline. Sasha had her time with Charlotte, its time for someone new . Winner = Alexa Bliss.
- Seth Rollins Vs. Bray Wyatt : A pretty much throw away match , as both really don’t have a beef with each other. Not sure why WWE is doing this match and not Finn Balor Vs. Wyatt, maybe they need something for Seth , as he has a new WWE movie coming out in August. Winner = Bray Wyatt.
- The Miz Vs. Dean Ambrose ; In their 300th match together I see The Miz winning over Ambrose, as I like the buildup of The Miz. Winner = The Miz
- Neville Vs. Tozawa : I like Tozawa , but its still too early for him to win the cruiserweight title, but give it time and it will be around his waist if the WWE plays it right. Winner = Neville
- Sheamus/Cesaro Vs. The Hardy Boyz : This is a Iron man match, and I see the beginning of the Broken Hardy Boyz in this match. Sheamus/Cesaro are on a tear in WWE , and I don’t see them losing so quick. Rumor has it that the WWE wants the Hardys to have more separate matches. Winner = Sheamus/Cesaro
- Roman Reigns Vs. Braun Stroman : This is a ambulance match, will WWE superman Reigns beat the monster. I think Stroman will go over Reigns in this match, as rumor has it that WWE wants Stroman to go against either Brock Lesnar or Samoa Joe. Winner = Braun Stroman
- Brock Lesnar Vs. Samoa Joe : As this is the first match between the two heavyweights, I see maybe a DQ or some interference maybe with Stroman. This is a feud that can keep on going for at least till after Summerslam. Winner = Nobody……….
The thirty third annual Wrestlemania is done and in the history books. This Wrestlemania had the feeling of a big event , as the Wrestlemanias in the past felt more like big glorified Monday Night Raw shows. This had the big event feel, where you couldn’t figure what was going to happen next. Now i’m changing formats today, as I am reviewing the show as a whole instead of going to review all the matches at the event.
There was good storytelling throughout the show, that made sense to either build a story line or end a story line. I always think of Mania, as either the end of season for some WWE stories or a brand new season for some. This Wrestlemania had both.
The match of the night was most definite The Undertaker Vs. Roman Reigns, as the old dog was taken out of his YARD by the new dog. This was a perfect send off for The Undertaker, as he left his hat and coat in the ring. It was a great passing of the torch story line that WWE is great in telling. It will be interesting to see what WWE does with Reigns.
All in all, Wrestlemania lived up to the hype and delivered the goods. Well done WWE well done, now keep it up…………
The day has finally arrived…..Wrestlemania 33 is upon us….Coming live from Camping World Stadium in Orlando Florida , WWE Wrestlemania will be another night of history. It all kicks off at 5pm with the pre-show on WWE Network and then the show goes LIVE on WWE Network and PPV around the world at 7pm EST. Here are the predictions of the major matches at Mania :
- Andre The Giant Battle Royal : Of all the people involved, I see Braun Stroman or Sami Zayn taking it all this year . Stroman is the latest WWE monster and Zayn is the upcoming superstar.
- Gallow/Anderson Vs. Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Enzo/Cass : Enzo/Cass are over with the fans and I think , they deserve their Wrestlemania moment. As this is a ladder match, expect lots of craziness involved with all superstars. Winner = Enzo/Cass
- Bayley Vs. Charlotte Vs. Sasha Banks Vs. Nia Jax : As Bailey is a life long WWE fan , I think its fair to finally give her a Wrestlemania moment with a pinfall victory over her “friend” Sasha Banks. I see a heel turn of Sasha at the end of the match, as she congratulates Bailey on her victory. Winner = Bailey!
- Aj Styles Vs. Shane Mcmahon : This match is going to be nuts, as I see Shane jumping off a lot of things around the Wrestlemania set for this match . But a Shane win will really do nothing for both performers, so I’m going with a AJ Styles win . Winner = AJ Styles.
- Seth Rollins Vs. Triple H : Triple H always has a match at Mania, and this one is no exception. I see a brutal match happening between the two, but I see Rollins finally getting his revenge on his mentor. Should be brutal . Winner = Seth Rollins
- Bray Wyatt Vs. Randy Orton : I hope Bray could over come the viper to keep the title, as I am a big Bray Wyatt fan . I think we’ve seen way to many Age Of Orton’s and its time for Bray to have his Mania moment . Winner = Bray Wyatt
- Chris Jericho Vs. Kevin Owens : The two former best friends will battle it out at Mania. Jericho is scheduled to start touring with his band Fozzy, after Mania so I see a Owens wins . Winner = Kevin Owens
- Goldberg Vs. Lesnar . Another squash match with Lesnar getting the victory in maybe a minute. Winner = Brock Lesnar
- Undertaker Vs. Roman Reigns : I wish they would have kept the streak alive for The Undertaker as he is a true legend. Many say that this will be The Undertakers last match and I wish he was ending his career with a battle with John Cena than Roman Reigns. The Big Dog will triumph over The Undertaker , but the deadman might just have one or two last rides left in him . Don’t ever count The Undertaker out. Winner = Roman Reigns
As we are six days away from Wrestlemania 33 in Orlando , Here are some cool videos from comedian Matt Light. Matt is a huge wrestling fan and has incorporated wrestling into his standup.
You can follow Matt on Twitter @MattLightComedy
The WWE presents its last PPV show tonight before Wrestlemania with the RAW brand WWE Fastlane. This should be a good show, as many matches have the potential to be really good and vital to Wrestlemania. Here we go with the predictions!!!
Samoa Joe Vs. Sami Zayn : Potential to be match of the night as both men have battled each other in ROH. Joe is being shown as the newest WWE monster and Sami will give him a run for his money, as Sami Zayn always does. Winner = Samoa Joe
The Club Vs. Enzo & Cass : The Club are a good tag team, but I think they have been lackluster as tag team champions. It’s time that Enzo and Big Cass get some gold and then Big Cass could turn on Enzo and be the newest WWE monster of the month . Winner = Enzo & Cass .
Nia Jax Vs. Sasha Banks : Sasha has been on a losing streak, and I see it continue tonight. Winner = Nia Jax
Charlotte Vs. Bailey : Bailey will keep her title till Wrestlemania and will probably have some help from Sasha Banks tonight, which will lead to a triple main event or maybe a fatal four way including Nia . Winner = Bailey
Roman Reigns Vs. Braun Stroman : I’ve become a big fan of Stroman over the last few weeks, as he’s been a good monster of the month in WWE. Many people are predicting The Undertaker will cause Reigns to lose tonight, which sets up Reigns Vs. Undertaker at Mania….Winner = Braun Stroman
Kevin Owens Vs. Goldberg : I’m looking forward to this match tonight, as I think they have a good feud going, but I see Chris Jericho interfering tonight and costing his former best friend Owens the WWE Universal Title as they need to give Goldberg another title reign, and set up Goldberg Vs. Lesnar for the Universal Title at Mania. Winner = NEW Universal Champion GOLDBERG!!!
Well there you have the predictions for tonight’s card at Fastlane. We will be back tomorrow for our WWE Fastlane Recap. Here are some new WWE Merchandise from Amazon :
In Mexican lucha libre — professional wrestling known for its masked fighters and cartoonish style — the bad guys rule. They’re known simply as rudos.
“Mexican lucha libre is for rudos. We welcome any rudo who wants to come in here and be badder than the others,” says Marco Espinosa, a fan, from beneath his souvenir lucha libre mask.
So it made sense for Sam Polinsky, a 27-year-old wrestler from Pittsburgh, to try his luck south of the border. He came to Mexico about nine months ago and branded himself as Sam Adonis, “El Rudo de las Chicas” or the “Ladies’ Bad Guy.”
When Donald Trump won the presidency after a campaign that regularly scapegoated and insulted the Mexican people, Polinsky saw an opportunity to turn up the heat on his bad-guy character.
“I had a perfect idea: Why not come to the arena with [an American] flag, but I’m gonna take this to a whole other level,” he says, unfurling a flag and grinning. “I have a 4-ft. flag with the face of Donald Trump on it.”
With this prop, he became the surrogate of Donald Trump in Mexican lucha libre.
His over-the-top, absurd style blends well into the sport. It is a wacky, colorful show punctuated by amazing acrobatics and always following the same script: The good guys, known as técnicos, the equivalent of “babyface,” line up across from the rudos in a battle of justice.
On a Friday evening in Mexico City, Polinsky is getting ready for his latest fight at Arena México, the holy site of Mexican wrestling, which regularly draws 10,000 fans. His girlfriend blow-dries and straightens his long blond mohawk. She helps him spray tan his face and body, using a mini-paint roller to smooth out the streaks.
For Polinsky, being a baddie — especially one who generates such immediate, enraged reactions from Mexicans — is exhilarating.
Well another Royal Rumble is in the history books, and the WWE messed up again. The show up to the Rumble itself was really good, with great matches and then we got too the rumble and it started off very promising but as the bigger guys all came out pretty much at the end and then got eliminated it was disappointing. Randy Orton was the winner and i’m glad at least it was unexpected, but why Orton and why now???? Are we now going to have Cena Vs. Orton 1,000???? And why have Goldberg, Lesnar, The Undertaker if they are not going to do anything in the rumble??….It was like a WWE bait and switch on the fans and very disappointing. Here is the recap of the night :
John Cena Vs. Aj Styles : The Match of the night hands down, so many moves and close calls. These two put on a wrestling classic. And although i’m not a huge Cena fan he deserved this win. A+
Roman Reigns VS. Kevin Owens : Good match , but disappointing ending as Braun Storman came out and attacked Roman which led to Owens pinning Reigns. Hey WWE let Owens win on his own at least once . B
Charlotte VS. Bailey : Very good and exciting match, but we knew that it wasn’t Baileys time yet….But she made everybody a believer that she belongs with the best…She will have her title run soon… A-
Cesaro/Sheamus VS. Gallows/Anderson : A surprise that the WWE would have the titles change hands on the pre-show but anything is possible in the WWE. It does suck that Cesaro/Sheamus lost after only about a month as champions. WWE should have kept The New Day the champs till Royal Rumble. B-
The Royal Rumble Match : I’m always excited to see who is coming up, but there were no surprises this year. No new faces, no surprises at all. Only surprise was that Randy Orton won the whole thing. WWE could have had The Taker win it all or Goldberg, at least that would have been more exciting than Randy Orton. C
The WWE Royal Rumble starts tonight at 5pm with the pre-show and the event starts at 7pm LIVE on The WWE Network….Here is our predictions of how things will go down tonight on the road to Wrestlemania.
- Sasha Banks Vs. Nia Jax : WWE is building Nia as a monster and I can’t see Sasha beat her here. WWE should have Nia win and then have a rematch at Wrestlemania . WINNER = NIA JAX
- Cesaro/Sheamus Vs. Gallows/Anderson : I LOVE Cesaro/Sheamus and I see them going over Gallows/Anderson pretty quickly, as they should keep building up Cesaro/Sheamus. WINNER = Cesaro/Sheamus
- Rich Swann Vs. Neville : Swann is a very talented athlete and has a bright future ahead, but I see Neville winning tonight and capturing The Cruiserweight title as Neville makes a good heel. WINNER = NEW Cruiserweight Champion Neville.
- Kevin Owens Vs. Roman Reigns : Now with this match I am seeing Roman Reigns Vince’s golden boy going over Kevin to win The WWE Universal Championship. The WWE may have a swerve in this one and have Owens keep the title all on his own as his best friend Chris Jericho is locked up in a shark cage above the ring. I could see Roman coming into Wrestlemania as The Universal Heavyweight Champion . WINNER = NEW Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
- Charlotte Vs. Bayley : This match is for the WWE Woman’s title and I really like Charlotte as the champion, and its still too early to see Bailey as champion and the story line will be better if Bailey loses tonight, but battles again at Wrestlemania to win the title. WINNER = Charlotte Flair
- AJ Styles Vs. John Cena : This will be a good match, as these two have put on great matches in the past. I see Cena winning the title here as he ties Ric Flair title runs and it puts Cena as Champion of whoever wins The Royal Rumble tonight. Winner = New Heavyweight Champion John Cena.
- The 30 man Royal Rumble : With so many big guys and big names involved it will be interesting to see what number they come out. I hope the WWE doesn’t have Goldberg, Lesnar, Undertaker all come out as the final participants. I see this Rumble as the last ride of The Undertaker , as he wants to go into Wrestlemania as a challenger to John Cena’s title and we get a Cena/Undertaker match at Mania. Golberg will throw out Lesnar and this will bring them to have another match at Wrestlemania. I’m looking forward to seeing who is the breakout star tonight, it might just be Big Cass or somebody else. Winner = The Undertaker
Well there you go, there is our Royal Rumble 2017 predictions. Join us tomorrow as we have a recap of everything that went down tonight. If you don’t have The WWE Network order it as you don’t want to miss this show . You could order The WWE Network here :