Last night, WWE presented its summer show Summerslam LIVE at The Barclays Center in Brooklyn New York. The show was a solid show throughout, with a really strong and exciting kick off match with The New Day Vs. The Usos. The Usos are new Smackdown Tag Team champions, but both teams fought tough. Other highlights of the card was the Sheamus/Cesaro Vs. Ambrose/Rollins which I really enjoyed and we got NEW Raw champions with Ambrose/Rollins. The Fatal four way, was a fun and good match. Braun Stroman is a MONSTER, as he threw the announce desk on the helpless Brock Lesnar. I can’t wait to see these two in the ring together. Here are some video highlights of the night :
The WWE Royal Rumble starts tonight at 5pm with the pre-show and the event starts at 7pm LIVE on The WWE Network….Here is our predictions of how things will go down tonight on the road to Wrestlemania.
- Sasha Banks Vs. Nia Jax : WWE is building Nia as a monster and I can’t see Sasha beat her here. WWE should have Nia win and then have a rematch at Wrestlemania . WINNER = NIA JAX
- Cesaro/Sheamus Vs. Gallows/Anderson : I LOVE Cesaro/Sheamus and I see them going over Gallows/Anderson pretty quickly, as they should keep building up Cesaro/Sheamus. WINNER = Cesaro/Sheamus
- Rich Swann Vs. Neville : Swann is a very talented athlete and has a bright future ahead, but I see Neville winning tonight and capturing The Cruiserweight title as Neville makes a good heel. WINNER = NEW Cruiserweight Champion Neville.
- Kevin Owens Vs. Roman Reigns : Now with this match I am seeing Roman Reigns Vince’s golden boy going over Kevin to win The WWE Universal Championship. The WWE may have a swerve in this one and have Owens keep the title all on his own as his best friend Chris Jericho is locked up in a shark cage above the ring. I could see Roman coming into Wrestlemania as The Universal Heavyweight Champion . WINNER = NEW Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
- Charlotte Vs. Bayley : This match is for the WWE Woman’s title and I really like Charlotte as the champion, and its still too early to see Bailey as champion and the story line will be better if Bailey loses tonight, but battles again at Wrestlemania to win the title. WINNER = Charlotte Flair
- AJ Styles Vs. John Cena : This will be a good match, as these two have put on great matches in the past. I see Cena winning the title here as he ties Ric Flair title runs and it puts Cena as Champion of whoever wins The Royal Rumble tonight. Winner = New Heavyweight Champion John Cena.
- The 30 man Royal Rumble : With so many big guys and big names involved it will be interesting to see what number they come out. I hope the WWE doesn’t have Goldberg, Lesnar, Undertaker all come out as the final participants. I see this Rumble as the last ride of The Undertaker , as he wants to go into Wrestlemania as a challenger to John Cena’s title and we get a Cena/Undertaker match at Mania. Golberg will throw out Lesnar and this will bring them to have another match at Wrestlemania. I’m looking forward to seeing who is the breakout star tonight, it might just be Big Cass or somebody else. Winner = The Undertaker
Well there you go, there is our Royal Rumble 2017 predictions. Join us tomorrow as we have a recap of everything that went down tonight. If you don’t have The WWE Network order it as you don’t want to miss this show . You could order The WWE Network here :
The fallout from The Survivor Series continued on Raw and Smackdown. Both shows were very entertaining this week , and I like that both of them got their brand working good. I’m excited to see where we go from here with the road to Wrestlemania coming soon. Here are the highlights of Raw and SmackdownLive :
Good shows this week as the fallout from WWE Hell In A Cell dominated Raw this week and over on Smackdown the countdown to Survivor Series is on .
Both shows have found their footing with the brand switch and both are stepping it up with the PPVS and Shows. I like the competition between each shows , that just makes for a better product overall. Here are some of the highlights from Raw and SmackdownLive .
Good show last night from the WWE SmackdownLive crew. No Mercy was probably this month’s best WWE show….The best matches of the night were definitely The Intercontinental Title match with The Miz losing to Dolph Ziggler. Hopefully WWE does something interesting with Ziggler, as he’s been boring for wayyyy to long. The world title match was good as AJ Styles scored a pinfall and beat up John Cena again. I think Cena will get his 17th title at Mania and then hang it up. Here are some of the highlights of No Mercy :
Another week of WWE action and again WWE Smackdown Live turning out the better show with more action and less fluff than Raw.
Best part of RAW was the cruiserweights battling to see who would be the number one contender for The WWE Cruiserweight Championship held by TJ Perkins. Brian Kendrick won the match and battles TJ Perkins at Night Of Champions. I hope Kendrick wins as he’s a veteran who deserves a good push.
Night Of Champions….Eh….I know Kevin Owens is going to keep the title as he just won it and makes a great heel champion and its better for Seth Rollins to be in chase for awhile , until he goes against HHH probably at Mania….I’m not really looking forward to Night Of Champions as its just a EH card..Come on WWE start picking up the pace or you are going to be left behind, from the WWE Universe having WWE overload.
Here are the highlights :
WWE Raw and SmackdownLive Recap for the week of 9/5/16 :
I’m still not thrilled about the brand extension, Its WWE overkill with just too much. Two ppvs a month, its just too much WWE.
I am liking that Kevin Owens is the Universal Champion, but I don’t like that they are making it look like he’s Triple H’s golden boy, I wish he would have beaten Rollins fair without Triple H’s interference. I also like the team up with Owens and Jericho, they are very entertaining.
The rest of Raw was just EH….With a lot of squash matches with Stroman and Nia Jax. Here are some of the WWE highlights :
WWE SmackdownLive wasn’t as good as Raw and was just Eh this week……The Uso’s turned heel and I think its a good move as they are boring as babyfaces….I think with the hell turn Uso’s will win the titles as they need heel champs for a bit on SmackdownLive
Dean Ambrose/Aj Styles feud is boring and I hope AJ wins the title, as he would be a great champion.
Here is the SmackdownLive highlights :
Summerslam 2016 : Sometimes less is more.
We are back with our Summerslam recap here on Superfanworld.com .
Summerslam which was broadcast LIVE from The Barclays Center in Brooklyn New York, and it was a good show for the first half and then went downhill fast. With the preshow Summerslam was a 5 hour show, which is a total overkill of a wrestling event. Only 5 hour show should be Wrestlemania. All these hours burns the fans watching and there out.
The main problem with Summerslam were the position of the matches….they should have organized it better and put the Universal title match with Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins as the main event, as this match was awesome and was the best match on the card, along with John Cena vs. Aj Styles.
Rusev vs. Roman Reigns was a bust…It never even got started as they were fighting outside the ring the whole time. The WWE should have scrapped the whole match, if they knew they were running out of time. They could have shown them fighting earlier backstage and then it would have been scrapped.
Sasha banks Vs. Charlotte….Not sure why they made Sasha drop the title so soon. Reports say that she is injured and some are saying she failed a drug test. If the WWE bookers were smart they could have NOT have Sasha win a few weeks ago and built up a better storyline for her when she comes back. WWE dropped the ball with that one.
John Cena Vs. Aj Styles : Great match and hopefully this leads to a championship reign of Aj Styles soon.
Finn Balor Vs. Seth Rollins : People were chanting more for the NEW ugly belt then they were the match. This match happened too late, and the fans were burned out by the time the match started. But a great match, and lets see what WWE does with The Demon King…Will we see a Demon King vs. Demon Kane ?????
Randy Orton Vs. Brock Lesnar : The whole match seemed off to me, there was no buildup for the match, there was no storyline to grab your attention with this one. And the weird ending with Brock busting open Orton, was it a work ?? or was it real??? The way everybody was acting in the ring and commentary it seemed that Brock broke script and went his own way…Time will tell what happens…..
Summerslam was a better show then it was promoted..If it was just 3 hours it would have been a tighter and more exciting show. Let’s see what happens on Raw tonight, WE will be LIVE at RAW at The Barclays Center, and we will have our RAW recap later tomorrow. Here are some of the highlights of Summerslam :