Some classic WWE memories from Thanksgiving past……
2016 was a changing year in WWE as it saw its first brand trade in many years. The two brands RAW and SmackdownLive needed to be done as the WWE has way to many superstars on its rosters.
The Shows were entertaining but nothing major shocking happened in WWE. Major shocker was Goldberg beating Brock Lesnar in record time at The Survivor Series
The one very bright spot in the WWE Universe was WWE NXT. The Up and coming superstars kept the action hot and heavy. Triple H who is in charge of that brand has kept it exciting, edgy with a hint of indy show feel to it . The future of WWE is bright with these superstars.
For Superstar of the year it has to go too Kevin Owens. Owens continued to entertain in 2016 and was awarded The Universal Championship on Raw after Triple H pedigreed Seth Rollins. Owens is entertaining and exciting to watch and I suspect more with Owens in 2017.
WWE tag team scene dominated with The New Day with a record breaking title run that ended at WWE Roadblock in December. Some up and coming teams for 2017 are Gallows & Anderson and the current tag team champions Sheamus and Cesaro.
The women revolution took fire in 2016. Amazing matches with Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Bailey and so much more. Some of the women matches were some of the best matches in WWE. The women really stepped it up in 2016 and who knows what will come in 2017.
This promo that aired on Monday Night Raw with Paul Heyman talking about Brock Lesnar’s lost to Goldberg. This promo should be watched by all upcoming WWE Talent on how you do a promo. This gives you goosebumps and now I cannot wait for Royal Rumble. Paul Heyman is a god!!!!!! Tomorrow WE will have the Raw and SmackdownLive Recaps
We are finally here, WWE Survivor Series 2016 day. I can’t believe its been thirty years since Survivor Series started. The card is stacked and has the potential to be one of the best shows of the year. I like that this year they are bringing back the original Survivor Series elimination matches. This show should be a good push off to the upcoming Royal Rumble and of course Wrestlemania….Here are some of my predictions…We will have a full recap on Monday right here on Superfanworld.com ….
For the first time since the Montreal Screwjob in 1997, Survivor Series returns to Canada, this time at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. WWE Survivor Series 2016 is heavily defined by the recent brand split, with Raw and SmackDown going to war to prove which brand is superior.
The best of the men, women and tag teams will face off while SmackDown and Raw put the Intercontinental Championship and Cruiserweight Championship, respectively, on the line against a member of the opposite brand. If that wasn’t enough for this pay-per-view, Goldberg returns to the ring for one more match against the most dominant monster in WWE today, Brock Lesnar.
- The Miz vs. Sami Zayn (Intercontinental Championship) This match has the potential to be one of the best matches of the night, as both Zayn and The Miz can go the distance and both are very entertaining. The Miz just won back the IC title this past week on Smackdown . Winner = The Miz !!
- Team Raw (The New Day, Enzo Amore and Big Cass, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson, Cesaro and Sheamus and The Shining Stars) vs. Team SmackDown (Heath Slater and Rhyno, American Alpha, The Usos, The Hype Bros and Breezango) in a 10-on-10 Elimination Match . I see this match going towards Team Raw just because the team is a lot better than Team Smackdown. Should be interesting to see if The New Day can work with Gallows and Anderson and Cesaro and Sheamus…. Winner = Team Raw
- Team Raw (Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Nia Jax and Alicia Fox) vs. Team SmackDown (Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Carmella and Naomi) in a Five-on-Five Elimination Match . I see this match going towards Team Smackdown as I think many more are on the same page and Team Raw will have a lot of infighting during the match Winner = Team Smackdown
- Team Raw (Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman) vs. Team SmackDown (AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton and Shane McMahon) in a Five-on-Five Elimination Match . This match should be awesome to see all superstars in the same ring and battling. This match is a question mark , as I don’t know where the WWE is going to go with the upcoming feuds. Owens and Jericho might break up and I see Team Smackdown the more on the same page bunch. Winner = ????
- Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg . This match should be good , as I think its going to be pretty much a street fight. Goldberg is older now and not sure if he could go toe to toe with Lesnar, who I believe is right now at the height of his career. I think if WWE wants to keep Lesnar as the WWE beast they need to have him win . Winner = Brock Lesnar
- Well That is our WWE Survivor Series Predictions….At first I wasn’t that excited to see this card, but I think its going to be a barn burner…Time will tell…See you tomorrow with the Survivor Series Recap..
The 2016 version of one of the bigger shows of the year The Survivor Series is coming up on November 20th. And this year, they are not promoting it as much, probably due to all the other shows that the brands are promoting. I remember and miss when The Survivor Series was a Thanksgiving night tradition, with that it made you look forward to something to watch on Thanksgiving night.
This years Survivor Series has a stacked card as its Smackdown Vs. Raw with traditional Survivor Series rules and also the main event Goldberg Vs. Lesnar, which hopefully will be good and better than their last Wrestlemania match.
I hope the WWE puts a little more excitement with this week’s shows into The Survivor Series 2016. For now, i’m like EH just another PPV and it should be WOW The Survivor Series is coming…Here are some previews of this years Survivor Series and all this week we will have THE BEST of Survivor Series over the years.