San Diego’s comic con 2017 started yesterday and started off with a bang with WWE Divas and a lot more. Going to be a busy weekend in San Diego, follow us here to see THE BEST of San Diego Comic Con this weekend.
WWE General Manager Kurt Angle admitted last night on Monday Night Raw, that he has a illegitimate son and it is no other than WWE and NXT superstar American Alpha Jason Jordan. People were waiting all week for this announcement, and it was a let down. I wonder where the WWE is going with this story line and will we meet the woman that slept with Kurt during his college days.
This is awesome as our President jackknifes CNN through the ring……From the awesome The Vidego!!!
In what will be a shocking turn of events, CM Punk has reportedly received and signed a deal for a WWE appearance.
While details are not available at this time, pro wrestling reporter Dave Meltzer says that it is not a contract, but rather “an agreement to make a small amount of appearances for some undetermined dates.”
For wrestling fans everywhere, this is a start. Opening the doors after exiting the company back in January 2014 is exactly what many have been waiting for. While this does not mean that a full time schedule is in “The Straight Edge Superstar’s” future, it mends that their broken relationship is on the mend.
Speculation is that CM Punk is to make some kind of return at this year’s SummerSlam, “seeing how things go.” Punk was very vocal in his reason for leaving, and it is possible that he wants to see if things will be different this next time around. A limited agreement between the two, therefore is perfect for Punk, who may want to ease back in a little at a time, before commiting to a long term situation that would mirror the same creative concerns that he had before.
Either way, for CM Punk to be seen once again on WWE programming is now certain, even though to what capacity at this time is unknown.
The latest installment of the “WWE 2K” franchise, “WWE 2K18,” is getting a new home in the form of the Nintendo Switch, and fans can apparently expect some interesting things from it.
In a recent post on the game’s official website, developers revealed that players can experience this title in different ways.
If players opt to keep the Switch docked, they can then go ahead and play the game on TV, much like how it can be enjoyed using other consoles.
Thanks to the specific capabilities of the Switch, players who get this new wrestling game for Nintendo’s hybrid platform can also try it out as a portable offering and see how they like it.
It is still unclear if the Switch version of “WWE 2K18” will differ from the ones coming to other platforms in other ways, so wrestling fans will have to stay tuned for that.
Developers also revealed over on Twitter that the Switch variant of the upcoming wrestling game will not be based on previous gen versions.
While there may be things unique to the Switch version of “WWE 2K18,” developers noted that it will also share features with its counterparts going to other consoles.
For instance, Switch owners can count on seeing new animations and improved visuals that are meant to make the game appear more realistic.
Developers are also introducing some new components such as the grapple carry system as well as 8-man matches.
Existing components are getting updated too, with MyCareer mode getting an extra addition in the form of Road to Glory mode.
More creation options are also expected to be introduced, and of course, the game will again feature a large roster.
While the versions of “WWE 2K18” coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One already have exact release dates, the one planned for the Switch thus far only has a fall 2017 release window.
The WWE presents its first aptly named Great Balls Of Fire show on Sunday night. The buildup has been well done for this show , as Raw has been stepping it up these past weeks. Here are our predictions of what is going to happen on the show :
- Alexa Bliss Vs. Sasha Banks : I like the bad diva Bliss as champion , and having all the divas fighting her is a interesting storyline. Sasha had her time with Charlotte, its time for someone new . Winner = Alexa Bliss.
- Seth Rollins Vs. Bray Wyatt : A pretty much throw away match , as both really don’t have a beef with each other. Not sure why WWE is doing this match and not Finn Balor Vs. Wyatt, maybe they need something for Seth , as he has a new WWE movie coming out in August. Winner = Bray Wyatt.
- The Miz Vs. Dean Ambrose ; In their 300th match together I see The Miz winning over Ambrose, as I like the buildup of The Miz. Winner = The Miz
- Neville Vs. Tozawa : I like Tozawa , but its still too early for him to win the cruiserweight title, but give it time and it will be around his waist if the WWE plays it right. Winner = Neville
- Sheamus/Cesaro Vs. The Hardy Boyz : This is a Iron man match, and I see the beginning of the Broken Hardy Boyz in this match. Sheamus/Cesaro are on a tear in WWE , and I don’t see them losing so quick. Rumor has it that the WWE wants the Hardys to have more separate matches. Winner = Sheamus/Cesaro
- Roman Reigns Vs. Braun Stroman : This is a ambulance match, will WWE superman Reigns beat the monster. I think Stroman will go over Reigns in this match, as rumor has it that WWE wants Stroman to go against either Brock Lesnar or Samoa Joe. Winner = Braun Stroman
- Brock Lesnar Vs. Samoa Joe : As this is the first match between the two heavyweights, I see maybe a DQ or some interference maybe with Stroman. This is a feud that can keep on going for at least till after Summerslam. Winner = Nobody……….
Kevin Owens has one of the fastest selling WWE DVDs/Blu Rays in quite some time and for good reason.
Fight Owens Fight – The Kevin Owens Story was released on July 4, 2017. In what was a little surprise, both the Blu Ray and DVD editions on Amazon were backordered immediately. Best Buy in Sioux Falls had two left and you bet that I picked one up. I’m sure WWE will be pushing more of them out across the country soon.
For me, this was an immediate purchase. Kevin Owens [Steen] has been one of my favorite wrestlers for about a decade. His work on the independents speaks for itself and the man always deserved to get to the WWE.
But it wasn’t just that simple.
The 50-minute documentary takes a look at his road to the WWE. Everything is covered from his training with Jacques Rougeau in Montreal, his opportunity to get exposure in the U.S. through CZW, and his run with Ring of Honor. His road was never one with the smoothest of paths, and his fellow friends and wrestlers never believed that he would make it to WWE.
His relationship with Sami Zayn (who does admit that he was El Generico…so I guess we can put the whole kayfabe helping orphans in Mexico story behind us) is also detailed out. They talk a bit about the development of the year-long program in ROH between 2009-2010 (seriously if you haven’t seen it you need to). The documentary also includes a story in which Zayn signed his WWE contract in front of Owens. For Zayn, it was a show of accomplishment that they both could celebrate. For Owens, it was the opposite that he wasn’t what the WWE was looking for.
He might have lacked the certain “build” that the WWE looks for, but nobody was ever able to deny his in-ring ability and his ability to cut promos. He is a natural when it comes to connecting with a crowd and that has pushed him to where he is today!
The DVD is a MUST for any Kevin Owens/ Steen fan from WWE to ROH!!!
Here are some of the best matches in the history of Kevin Owens / Steen :