This past February, Bill Simmons announced he had teamed up with WWE, HBO Sports and producer/director Jason Hehir to create a documentary about former wrestler, actor and larger-than-life personality Andre the Giant.
On Friday, HBO tweeted an official trailer for the piece.
The quick look at Andre the Giant includes brief snippets of in-ring action from the former champion’s historic wrestling career. It also describes his “mythological” stature as an athlete and famous figure.
Per HBO, the film will debut next spring.
Tonight the WWE Network hosts the latest RAW PPV No Mercy , the WWE is doing a good job at promoting and pushing this card, as WWE is building up a good show for tonight. Here is the predictions of tonight’s show :
- Ambrose/Rollins Vs. Cesaro/Sheamus : I think Ambrose/Rollins are good tag team champions , but are lacking the excitement . I think the winner will be Cesaro/Sheamus .
- The Miz Vs. Jason Jordan : I’m bored by Jordan, and his Kurt Angle “Angle” , I see a heel turn with Jordan, as that might get people interested in Jordan. Winner = Jason Jordan .
- Neville Vs. Enzo : I am a fan of Enzo , and I like that they are building the character a bit more without Cass , and I see a championship reign coming for Enzo . Winner = Enzo Amore!
- John Cena Vs. Roman Reigns : Reigns is the new face of the WWE, and this is the time for him to take the mantle from Cena and this is the match to do it. Winner = The Big Dog Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar Vs. Braun Strowman : Braun Strowman is the new MONSTER of WWE, and maybe the WWE will go with the monster over the beast . Winner = Braun Strowman
On September 19th the long awaited new book by Ric Flair and his daughter Charlotte Flair hits bookstores everywhere.
For the first time ever, WWE’s illustrious father-daughter duo “Nature Boy” Ric Flair and Charlotte come together to tell their legendary story.
Ric Flair is a 16-time World Champion and two-time WWE Hall of Fame Inductee. His four-decades long career is recognized as one of the greatest of all time, but with success comes a price. Despite his effortless brilliance in front of the cameras, his life away from the cameras includes personal struggles, controversy and family tragedy. Through his bond with Charlotte, he’s becoming the father he needs to be while rediscovering the legend he has always been.
Charlotte grew up in the shadow of her famous father, “the dirtiest player in the game,” but now she is poised to take the Flair name to new heights. As the inaugural WWE Women’s Champion, Charlotte has had an impressive career, and she’s just getting started. With the (dare we say it) flair of the “Nature Boy” running through her blood, Charlotte is destined for greatness. Find out how she embraced her heritage and battled her own challenges through her rise to the top of WWE.
For these two Champions, sports entertainment is simply SECOND NATURE.
Here is the link to order the book :
This is how you build up in WWE. John Cena schools Roman Reigns at Monday Night Raw. It is great to see the WWE building up slowly the Roman character. This promo will do it. It’s going to be interesting to see where WWE goes with Roman after this. Can Roman keep up and can Cena pass the torch to Roman???? Cena Vs. Reigns happens at No Mercy in September!!